Desktop Insight Materials Database Download Page
This page is no longer available. We are working on creating an Export-to-Insight capability within Insight-Live.com (to export the materials you have defined there). To manually update or add a material to desktop Insight:
- Go to the material reference section in the Digitalfire Reference Database.
- Find the material and enter it into desktop Insight using one of the following methods:
- Enter the formula information directly into the desktop Insight Materials dialog.
- Enter the formula information into Insight's Enter Formula dialog (Calc menu). This creates a recipe of the oxides (as a percentage analysis). Then use the Get Formula from Recipe Calculation item in the Utility menu in the Materials dialog to add that recipe as a material.
- Enter the analysis data into a recipe (oxides and percentages). Then proceed as in the previous item.
- Copy the XML at the bottom of the page and use the Interpret XML item in the Utility menu of the desktop Insight Materials dialog.
If you need help please email us.
Use an Account at Insight-Live.com Instead of Desktop Insight
You do not need to use desktop Insight. An account at Insight-live.com does much more. There is nothing to install, you simply login using your web browser. It works on any internet connected computer, phone or tablet. If you need help to import your desktop Insight data please contact us.