Maintain your recipes, materials, firing schedules and test data (and more) on-line
- Login to a private account or work with others in a group account (e.g. university).
- Nothing to install (access it using your web browser). It is always the latest version.
- Import existing material, recipe data.
- As many side-by-side recipes and/or materials as you want (chemistry is shown for all).
- Many ways to search and classify glaze and body recipes.
- Glaze and body recipes are robust, with units-of-measure, pictures with individual titles and descriptions, material links.
- Add variations to a recipe; each with its own pictures, descriptions and name/code-number extensions.
- Recipes can link to materials, typecodes, projects, firing schedules and physical test result data (all managed in their own areas).
- Standard reports and mix ticket reports with last-minute-totalling; variations report as if they are a complete recipe.
- Video tutorials, help system, contact form on every page, dedicated messaging and support ticket systems.
- It is an industrial-strength database system (unlimited capacity, fast, reliable, scalable).
- Insight-live site is designed to run on any web browser on any device. Data is columnized so it is zoomable on small screens.
Insight-Live showing recipes side-by-side
Imports many file formats
- Glaze recipe formats supported: HyperGlaze, GlazeGhem, GlazeMaster, Matrix, INSIGHT XML recipes (single and multiple), INSIGHT SQLite DB files.
- Assign a batch number to recipe imports (later search by batch).
- Assign multiple typecodes to imported glaze and body batches (to classify) (search on these later).
- Prepend character sequences to glaze recipe names during import.
- Import the pictures and pair them to their corresponding recipe records automatically.
- One click to automatically export the database to an SQLite DB database file and download it (for use with desktop INSIGHT or just as a backup).
- Export and import individual glaze recipes as text or XML.
- Import materials data in various formats or just use the thousands of built-in reference materials.
Insight-Live showing the recipe import dialog
Secure, Reliable, Compatible
- Security is a very complex issue, since we create and control every line of program code we can develop practices that minimize risk.
- Simplicity is paramount, fancy features will never compromise the need for control.
- You have easy access to us, so risks and problems can be fixed quickly.
- You can backup you data to your computer, the site backs itself up to http://insight-live-backup.com.
- More specific security information is available in the help system at Insight-live.
Perfect for Education
- Video tutorials on how to use Insight-Live will play on any device.
- Ceramic study programs can now accumulate material, recipe and testing data year-after-year, students can login and together build a valuable ceramic glaze and body knowledge resource.
- Students already have internet connected devices, computers are not even needed in the class.
- The Reference Manager gives you quick access to the Digitalfire Ceramic Reference Database.